Daily Stretches to Feel More Relaxed & AlivePragya Raiwal
Are you sticking with your own routine and don’t have time to pamper yourself daily?
Getting massage or spa is a good idea if we could only afford it!
Fortunately, there are few stretches you can do on a daily basis to reduce stress, tightness and feel good as you had a good massage. Stretching exercises are not only improve your flexibility and also reduce the chances any injury or strain.
Ear to Shoulder
Tilt your head and try to touch your ear to same side of your shoulder until you feel a stretch. Using your opposite hand, apply slight pressure. You will feel the stretch between neck to shoulder muscle. Stretching of your neck muscle will help you to reduce neck muscle tightness and also prevent from any ergonomic problem.
Neck Rotation Stretch
With your spine in a neutral, relaxed position, rotate your head to the left or right, gazing over your shoulder.
Keep your shoulders relaxed and cross your arm over your chest Cradle it with your opposite hand and apply slight pressure.
- Perform this stretch standing at any corner. It will help release tension in the chest and the front of your shoulders
- Stand in a corner with your feet slightly apart, shoulders at the back and chin up
- Spread your arms and place your hands on both side of the corner
- Hold the stretch for 15 to 20 seconds, breathing normally
- Lie down with your stomach on the floor with thumbs directly under shoulders, legs extended with the tops of your feet on the floor
- Move your shoulders up and push through your thumbs and index fingers as you raise your chest upward towards ceiling
- Relax and repeat.
- Do 5 repetitions total
- Sit on the floor with legs extended and feet flexed
- Try to touch your feet with your hand
- Return to start and repeat; do 5 repetitions
- Switch legs; repeat series for a total of 5 reps on each leg
- Lie on your back with legs extended
- Bend your both legs, move towards your chest and hug by both hands.
- Hold for 15 seconds
- Do 5 repetitions
- Standing on one leg, raise the other footbehind you, bending the knee
- You want to pull the foot as close to your buttocks as possible. Use the right hand to hold the right foot
- you can also hold on to a wall or chair to maintain your balance
- Repeat this stretch on both sides of the body
- Do 5-5 repetition by both sides