How to treat Frozen Shoulder at homePragya Raiwal
Frozen shoulder is pain, stiffness and restricted movement of the shoulder. It is also known as Adhesive Capsulitis. The capsule around the shoulder joint becomes stiff, scar tissue forms and adheres to shoulder joint that is why it is called Adhesive capsulitis.
It is caused because of overuse of the joint or after an injury or can occur from a disease like diabetes.
For diagnosis, your therapist may suspect frozen shoulder if a physical examination and assessment reveal limited shoulder range of motion. An X-ray may be required to see whether symptoms are from another condition such as arthritis or a broken bone.
Goals for treatment
- Reduce pain and stiffness.
- Improve mobility of shoulder.
- Increase the strength of shoulder.
- Maintain the general fitness of the body.
You can treat this at home after proper consultation with an expert.
- Apply heat pack to reduce pain and stiffness
- Do mild massage to reduce swelling and pain
- Avoid sleeping on painful side of shoulder
- Maintain physical fitness to control diabetes.
Various exercises you can do at home
Pendulum exercise: Stand with relax shoulder and slightly forward bend of the body, allowing the affected arm to hang down. Swing the arm in a small circle clockwise and anticlockwise.
- Finger ladder: walk of your finger on the wall
- Towel exercise for shoulder
- Rotation Exercise
It is advised to take proper consultation before performing any exercise in case of a severe problem. You can directly contact our experts at 0124-4646291