Why Physiotherapy for Diabetesadmin
Physiotherapy will have an important role in prevention to rehabilitation of diabetes management. Physiotherapy interventions will provide safe exercise programs which help in improving insulin levels and balancing cholesterol level of the body. It involves managing consequences of diabetes- including foot disorders, imbalance difficulties and protective strategies to prevent further damage.
Benefits of Physiotherapy
- Diabetic patients are more prone to develop cardiovascular diseases (like heart attack), physiotherapy will help to improve blood lipid profile, decrease heart rate and maintain blood pressure at the normal level preventing the possibilty of an attack.
- Regular exercise will reduce the possibility of diabetes in those people who have family history of diabetes.
- It also improves psychological state.
- Physiotherapy is increasing life expectance and quality of life.
Check list before exercise therapy
- Firstly, consult with a physiotherapist about right exercise for you.
- Check sugar level before and after exercise, do not exercise when blood glucose level is less than 100mg/dl or greater than 250mg/dl.
- Check your feet, wear proper shoes and socks.
- Avoid exercising in too hot or too cold weather.
- Do exercise without any pain.
General exercise prescription: Physiotherapy management starts with following protocols:
- Always start with warm up
- Do Cardiovascular training; it is also called aerobic fitness. It includes:
Do cardio training 3-4 time in a week with proper guidance of your therapist.
- Maintain the flexibility of body, for this do stretching, yoga, Pilates.