Wonder Food: SproutsNavneet kaur
Sprouts are wonder food having numerous health benefits.They are rich source of protein, antioxidants, fibre, essential vitamins and minerals.Sprouts are good for the healthy body and mind development, ensure blood purification and strengthen the immune system as well.
Types of Sprouts
There are number of varieties of sprouts available:-
- Bengal gram sprouts
- Green gram sprouts
- Beans sprouts
- Chickpea sprouts
- Red lentils sprouts
- Whole grains like wheat, barley, corn etc.
Ways to include sprouts in your diet
You can eat sprouts in form of salads; add them to smoothies, sandwiches, dosa, uttapam, soups, curries and other foods.
- High in fibre and protein and have fewer calories thus help in losing and maintaining weight.
- Helps to maintain blood sugar, prevents blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Rich source of antioxidants. The antioxidants in sprouts help your heart to stay healthy and lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Support the immune system and promoting healthy digestion as contains the good quality of enzymes which makes it easy to digest and prevent bloating.
- Helps to prevent constipation as good source of dietary fibre.
- Promoting healthy and beautiful skin and enhance its glow, hydrates the skin, prevent premature aging, acne buster, detoxify the skin and helps in cell regeneration.
- Promotes healthy hair growths, helps to prevent disease which causing hair loss, boost blood supply and prevents premature graying of hairs.
- Improves memory and mental health and also helps to relieve stress and depression.
- Sprouts are a rich source of vitamin A which helps in maintaining good vision.
- Improves hemoglobin levels as a good source of iron and vitamin C present in sprouts enhance the absorption of iron in the body.
- Try to prepare sprouts at your home as much as possible rather than buying from outside
- If buying outside then check the sprouts for their freshness. Don’t buy if sprouts are dull in appearance.
- Wash the sprouts thoroughly with water to get rid of dirt and impurities before using them.
- If you are allergic to any kind of sprouts then don’t eat them.