Foods which help in Quit SmokingAnkita Bedi
Smoking is injurious to health which is written on the packet of cigarette itself. Still, people do smoking either with an excuse of professional relationships or addiction.
Most of the people want to quit smoking but could not.
Quitting smoking is not a one day task, it can be a long and hard process.
You must have determination, commitment toward the goal if you desire to quit smoking.
Nicotine is a very addictive substance which attracts you to smoking and keeps asking for more.
What do you need to do?
You will have to change your lifestyle to keep you out of reach to smoking.
- Keep yourself busy.
- Spend time with your family whenever you are free.
- Drink more and more water (10-15 glass) this will remove all the toxins from your body.
- Instead of 3 major meals take 6-7 small meals to keep your hands and mouth busy.
- Try to avoid food which entices you to smoke like coffee, alcoholic beverages, meat, and chicken.
- Keep some foods available every time whenever you feel to have smoke eat some sugar-free chewing gum, fruits, nuts, carrots, salted chips.
- Eat oats regularly, oats are known for lessening nicotine cravings. You can have oats for breakfast or as an evening snack.
- Consume oranges whenever you feel the craving for smoking, is one of the most effective ways to fend off the urge to the cigarette.
Smoking Cessation Foods
Milk is a complete meal because it has all the essential nutrients. But do you know it has a quality to help you quit smoking? When a person drinks milk before smoking he doesn’t like the taste of the cigarette.
Yogurt is the best dairy product which makes cigarette’s taste to worst and bitter.
Smoothies like pineapple smoothie, mango, strawberry or any other flavor are the products which give you positive energy and cessation that you instinctively start disliking the taste of the cigarette.
- Vitamin C rich foods:
Vitamin c rich fruits like Oranges, Indian gooseberry, Citrus fruits are the best products to kill the cravings for nicotine. You can take orange juice, lemon water if you don’t have fruits available.
- Salty snacks:
Salty snacks like Chips, Wafers, Kurkure, Namkeen also kill the cravings for the cigarette. Although we count these products in junk it helps you quit smoking which is more hazardous for your health.
- Vegetable sticks:
Vegetable sticks like carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, zucchini sticks are also helpful. Whenever you feel like having cigarette eat some sticks. Chewing something will distract your mind from that cessation.
- Nuts: Almonds, cashews, walnuts, and dried berries are good for health as well as will make the taste of cigarette bitter.
- Oats: Fibre present in oats will boost up your digestion and anti-oxidants will reduce the nicotine craving.
- Sugar-free mint.
- Sugar-free gums.