Sprouts-the wonder grainsadmin
Sprouting or germination is a method by which you can improve digestibility and increase B-complex vitamins and vitamin C .
- You can eat sprouts either raw or steam and mix with vegetables .
- Sprouted grains are high in nutritional value in terms of Protein, Vit B complex, Vit C, fibre, folate and essential amino acids.
- These are an excellent snack /salad option while trying to lose weight as they keep you full longer.
- You can easily add them to dishes such as Pancakes , vegetables, curries, raitas, Porridge , Upma, Poha, Uttapams and give a crunchy texture, and colour to your food.
- You can Sprout Alfalfa, Oats, quinoa, maize, ragi, barley, bajra in addition to pulses such as Moong, Moth, Chana and Rajmah and make them more nutritious.
- Also seeds like pumpkin, sesame, methi, coriander, groundnuts and musk melon can be sprouted.
- Alfalfa is called the King of sprouts and is rich in Vitamins A,B,C,E and K as well as manganese, calcium and essential amino acids.
- Sprouts provide most easily available and digestible form of protein at a highly economical cost.
- Hence, Sprouts as a food are indeed a powerhouse of nutrients, so go enjoy your Sprouts!