Tender Coconut water-A nutritious drinkadmin
Tender Coconut water-A nutritious drink
Tender coconut water is a highly nutritious and soothing beverage to have in summers.
It’s a source of antioxidants, amino acids Vitamin C,Vitamin B-complex and minerals like Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron and Calcium.
Due to its high potassium and Vitamin C content, it helps to balance high blood pressure. You can have a cup of coconut water twice a day.
- The plant hormones in this drink have anti-cancer and anti-ageing properties.
- It’s good for immune system.
- It is a great option to quench your thirst in summers.
- In cases of diarrhoea, vomiting or excess sweating, it helps to replenish the electrolytes and raise your energy level.
- It’s an excellent post workout beverage better than sports drinks as it has more electrolytes and less sugar.
- In cases of acid reflux, indigestion etc, Coconut water soothes the stomach.
- It helps in reducing LDL raising HDL, thus protects against heart disease. It also reduces plaque formation and improves blood circulation.
- It is good option for weight loss as it’s low in calories. The high potassium content helps to dispose off the excess water weight in case of water retention due to high sodium.
- Coconut water is rich in magnesium which helps fight headaches and migraines.
- It naturally treats hangovers with its electrolyte content. The antioxidants in this healthy drink helps to settle an acid stomach.
But coconut water should also be taken in moderation and opt for the fresh and pure Green coconut water rather than the bottled versions.