Workout in officePragya Raiwal
How to maintain physical fitness when you have no time to workout?
You are most likely one of those busy bees today, who is spending too much time tied to your desk buried in emails. The impact of that continuous long sitting is increased obesity. Don’ worry, Relax! The good news is that with a little more activity throughout the day, you can maintain your physical fitness and reduce weight through below suggested workout.
Following are the exercises; you can do at your office to maintain physical fitness:
- Standing march or Jog nearby to desk: before starting any activity or any exercise do this for 30sec to 1 min. It will warm up your body and improve your blood circulation.
- Do various stretching exercise: Natural for the desk-bound people and release your muscle tension.
- Pushups: Do this on the wall or on the edge of your desk. put your hands on the desk. Walk backward, then do push-ups against the desk. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Shoulder exercise on chair: Do shoulder rotation clockwise and anti-clockwise. Shoulder shrugs and bracing (click here to know more)
- Knee extension on chair: In sitting position, straighten your knee for 10 secs repeat it for 10 times.
- Squats and lunges at place: Do squats (hold onto a wall or table for support)
- Calf raises.
- Walk during your lunch break, use stair instead of lift.